Advanced Studies Program
Bhagavata-sevaya 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Elevate your personal practice, define your unique value as a teacher, and take your experience of yoga to a whole new level.
Join Hari-kirtana das and Ashley Litecky Elenbaas for a modular Advanced Yoga Studies and 300-Hour Teacher Training program at Sky House Yoga in Silver Spring, MD.
You'll learn practical ways to apply yoga wisdom in your life and share personal realizations with your students.
The program begins in September 2018 and runs through April 2019.
As a student in the Advanced Studies Program, you'll learn...
Advanced Yoga Philosophy in Theory and Practice
- The language of yoga philosophy
- Sankhya, Vedanta, and Yoga
- In-depth study of the Yoga-sutras and the Bhagavad-gita
- Reconciling dualistic and non-dualistic philosophies
- Awakening your spiritual vision
- Principles of spiritual activism
Advanced Physical and Energetic Anatomy
- Comparative skeletal anatomy
- Navigating major joint intersections
- Muscle/tendon, joint/ligament and fascia relationships
- Differentiating between compression and tension in yoga poses
- Prana vayus, nadis, chakras, and koshas
- Why poses look radically different from one practitioner to another
- Prana and consciousness
- Asanas and mudras for pranayama
- Anatomy and physiology of pranayama
- Guided Practice
- How to structure your practice
- How to teach pranayama
- Optimal set and setting for meditation
- Varieties of meditative experience
- The inward-turning sequence of the Yoga-sutras
- Principles of object-oriented meditation
- Mantra meditation
- How to teach Yoga Nidra: guided meditation
- Advanced Asana Sequence Design for gentle, yin, and vinyasa classes
- Hands on Assists for all families of poses
- Integrating yoga philosophy into your classes and workshops
- Leading chants and kirtans
- Workshop and retreat design
- Managing your career as a Yoga Teacher
- Ayurvedic Principles and Theory (Prakriti, Vrkruti, Gunas and Doshas)
- Best practices for balancing your constitution
- Food-based yoga practices and meditations
- Body Care Practices - Sensory organ care (Neti pot, Nasya oil, oil pulling, tongue scraping, rose water etc.), full body care (Abyhanga - oil massage), hormonal balance
- Practicing yoga in harmony with your dosha, the solar/lunar cycles and the seasons
Here's how the Advanced Studies Program works:
- The full program takes place over 14 weekends between September 2018 and April 2019 and includes a 7-day yoga retreat in West Virginia.
- The curriculum is paced so that you’ll never feel overwhelmed, just overjoyed.
- Subjects are progressively interwoven so that you’ll see and feel how the various elements of yoga come together to form a complete system of experiential knowledge.
- On Friday nights, we'll meet for satsangs. These gatherings will feature a catered vegetarian dinner, chanting, meditation, and a discussion of how the principles and values of yoga apply to current events in the world and in our lives.
- Through guided practices, hands-on workshops, small group exercises, and participatory discussions, you'll be actively involved every step of the way.
Program overview, location, and schedule:
300-hour Program Overview
- Advanced Physical and Energetic Anatomy* - 28 hours
- Hands-on Assists - 16 hours
- Asana Sequence Design - 32 hours
- Pranayama* - 24 hours
- Meditation - 20 hours
- Ayurveda - 20 hours
- Advanced Yoga Philosophy - 40 hours
- Guided Practice - 80 hours
- Practice Teaching - 40 hours
*Advanced Physical and Energetic Anatomy and Pranayama may each be taken as stand-alone courses for Continuing Education Credit. See course schedules and tuition below.
Schedule: Program Days and Hours
- Friday evening satsang - 6:00 - 8:30pm
- Saturday session - 11am - 7:30pm
- Sunday session - 12:30 - 6:30pm
Total weekend hours: 16
Schedule: Program Dates
- September 14-16
- September 28-30
- October 7-13 →
- → 7 day yoga retreat in West Virginia*
- November 2-4
- November 16-18
- November 30 / December 1-2
- December 14-16
- January 4-5
- January 25-27
- February 8-10
- February 22-24
- March 8-10
- March 22-24
- April 12-14
- April 26-28
*See FAQ's for important information about the retreat portion of the 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Advanced Anatomy Course with Machelle Lee
- Sunday Sept. 30th, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 4th, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 1st, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Dec 2nd, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Sunday, Feb. 10th, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Saturday, Mar. 9th, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Mar. 10th, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Pranayama Course with Braja Kishori
- Saturday Sept. 29th, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Saturday, Nov. 17th, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Nov. 18th, 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Saturday, Jan. 5th, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Sunday, Jan. 6th, 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 9th, 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Tuition for stand-alone CE courses: Advanced Anatomy: $420. Pranayama: $360. Take both courses for $740.
The advanced studies program also includes a 7-day retreat at New Vrindaban, an intentional spiritual community in the beautiful hills of West Virginia.
- We'll stay in comfy cabins, practice in a lakeside yoga shala, and have an opportunity to participate in the spiritual life of the community
- Our program will include early morning meditation practices, asana workshops, nature walks, and movie nights.
- We'll have special sessions on simple living, spiritual agriculture, and the joy of cows.
- All classes, accommodations, and delicious vegetarian meals are covered in the program tuition. We can also accommodate any specific dietary needs you may have.
Meet your guides:
Hari-kirtana das is an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher based in Washington, D.C. and the author of In Search of the Highest Truth: Adventures in Yoga Philosophy. He’s on the faculty of numerous Yoga Teacher Training programs as well as the director of the Bhagavata-sevaya School of Yoga. He has a keen sense of humor, a passion for critical thinking, and a talent for making complex ideas easy to understand. His teaching style encourages meaningful dialog and inspires people to look at the modern world through the lens of yoga’s ancient wisdom.
Ashley Litecky Elenbaas
Ashley Litecky Elenbaas (MSc., E-RYT-200, RH) is the co-founder of Sky House Yoga and has over 15 years experience teaching yoga. As a clinical herbalist and gardener, Ashley loves to bring the lessons from nature and the Earth's cycles into her classes. She is known for her intelligent fusion of spirituality, humor, positivism, and attention to alignment, to move students to a place of greater self-'knowledge and happiness. Ashley loves challenging her students and herself. When she is not teaching yoga she enjoys being a mom, a wife, a forest explorer, and aspiring children's book author.
Hannah Leatherbury is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with over 500 hours of training, a Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic practitioner. She believes that yoga guides people home, making them more self‐aware and enhancing their capacity for self‐expression. Her specialty is helping individuals learn how to release tension in their bodies, center their thoughts, and restore their sense of well‐being. Hannah received her training in Classical Hatha yoga through Kashi Atlanta urban ashram (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009 and has been teaching ever since. She continues studies with Wise Earth School of Ayurveda. Hannah has a B.A. in Creative Writing from Goucher College and decades of study as a dancer. In 2016 she completed her 500 hour level training at the Yoga Center of Columbia. She makes her home in College Park, MD with her husband and her tennis‐ball‐crazed terrier.
Machelle Lee (MA, E-RYT 200, RYT-500, CMT, YACEP) is the founder of Roots & River Yoga in Brunswick, Maryland. She has 25 years of experience as a yoga teacher, massage therapist, and childbirth educator and holds a Masters Degree in mythology and depth psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute. Machelle leads therapeutic movement through Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga in a way that weaves together yogic teachings with modern scientific research on tissue rehabilitation, traditional medicines, and psychology. Specializing in the health and rehabilitation of fascia, connective tissues, bones, and joints, Machelle is committed to serving students in a way that best fits their unique abilities and anatomic structure.
Braja Kishori is an accomplished RYT-500 Asana and Pranayama teacher who infuses her classes with positive and tranquil energy. Since her youth, Braja has immersed herself in the esoteric mysteries of yoga and happily shares her deep love and passion for spirituality with everyone. Well aware of its amazing benefits – how it can restore and expand our breathing mechanisms, balance our nervous system and help to restore clarity and emotional stability - Braja Kishori always had a particular desire to study Pranayama. She began her Pranayama studies of Rishikesh with Krishna Sikhwal and later continued in Mysore with Vinay Kumar, who became her main tutor in this ancient tradition. She returns regularly to Mysore to continue her Pranayama and Asana studies. Braja is also a Certified Medical Massage (PIMT) and Trigger Point (CMTPT) Therapist, who blends her therapeutic knowledge with breathing methods to create a personalized treatment for everyone. She currently teaches Pranayama and Yin Yoga group classes, workshops and private sessions.
Tuition and Payment Options
Early Bird Pricing - register by June 15, 2018
- $3,400 tuition / $440 deposit
Past Student Pricing - for graduates of Sky House Yoga's 200-hour Teacher Training program
- $3,400 tuition / $440 deposit
Standard Enrollment - register after June 15, 2018
- $3,900 tuition / $440 deposit
Early Bird Payment Plan - register by May 15, 2018
- $4,000 tuition / $400 deposit + 8 payments of $450
Standard Payment Plan - register after May 15, 2018
- $4,200 tuition / $400 deposit + 8 payments of $475
Additional payment plans may be available depending on circumstances.
Tuition for stand-alone CE courses:
- Advanced Physical and Energetic Anatomy with Machelle Lee: $420
- Pranayama with Braja Kishori: $360
- Take both courses for $740.
ONLY 2 SPOTS LEFT
Registration has been extended to August 31, 2018
Monthly payments for payment plans begin from the date of registration and end by no later than April 15, 2019. All other balance payments are due by August 31, 2018.
Refund Policy: Tuition deposits are non-refundable. Tuition payments may be transferred to another applicant at any time. Tuition payments beyond deposits will be refunded if necessary up to August 15, 2018, after which time there will be no refunds for tuition payments.
Your complete Advanced Studies Program tuition includes all retreat costs, including meals and lodging, training and binder materials, and 30 classes at Sky House Yoga (regularly $550).
Your tuition does not include required books. Book costs are approximately $100. All books can be purchased online.
If you're ready to take your experience of yoga to a whole new level, we're ready to work with you! Here's how to apply:
- Click the button below and fill out the application form
- Your application will be reviewed in 1-3 business days
- After your application is approved, you'll get an email with details about how to register and pay the deposit
"The Bhagavata-sevaya School of Yoga teacher training program was exactly the kind of learning experience I needed. The training was rigorous in its focus, flexible in this approach, and helped me to deepen my asana practice as well as my spiritual practice. I highly recommend this program." - Eleanor F. - BSY YTT graduate