Elevate your personal practice
Define your unique value as a teacher
Take your experience of yoga to a whole new level
"The Bhagavata-Sevaya School of Yoga 300-Hour Teacher Training Program exceeded my expectations. Hari-kirtana das is a kind, thoughtful and extremely knowledgable teacher. I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have found a program that had such wonderful teachers."
— Treva Kosco, program graduate
4 Modules | 14 Weekends
february 28 - september 27, 2020
Fridays: 6 PM - 9 PM | Saturdays: 10 AM - 7 PM | Sundays: 10 AM - 5 PM
FRIDAY NIGHT SATSANGS: SPIRITUAL PRACTICES
Each Friday evening throughout the training you'll be treated to an informal vegetarian / vegan dinner (included in the price of your tuition) and time to socialize with your colleagues followed by kirtan (musical mantra meditation) and an in-depth discussion of yoga philosophy and it's practical applications.
MODULE 1: PHYSICAL PRACTICES
FEBRUARY 28-MARCH 1 | MARCH 20-22 | APRIL 3-5
In our first module we'll establish the philosophical foundation for the complete training program and learn advanced class design strategies, applied skeletal and connective tissue anatomy, asana sequence design, eloquent verbal cueing skills, and techniques for offering safe hands-on adjustments and assists.
MODULE 2: ENERGETIC PRACTICES
APRIL 17-19 | MAY 1-3 | MAY 15-17 | JUNE 5-7
In this module we'll develop a deeper understanding of the energy body through the study of Vedic and Chinese metaphysics. We'll learn how to apply Meridian Theory through Yin Yoga and explore the science of liberating the life force through the practice of Pranayama.
MODULE 3: PSYCHOLOGICAL PRACTICES
JUNE 19-21 | JULY 10-12 | JULY 24-26 | AUGUST 7-9
The third module is an exploration of keys for stilling the fluctuations of the mind through techniques of guided meditation (yoga-nidra), and the integration of guided meditation into asana classes and workshops. This module includes developing yoga nidra scripts and practice teaching a 'Cosmic Flow' class.
MODULE 4: INTELLECTUAL PRACTICES
AUGUST 28-30 | SEPTEMBER 11-13 | SEPTEMBER 25-27
Our final module will combine the integration of yoga philosophy into classes and workshops, how to apply the values of yoga in our engagement with the world, and practical strategies for yoga entrepreneurship that include defining your niche, marketing and promotion, negotiating, contracts, designing retreats, and more.
Enrollment is limited to 12 participants
6 spots left
Fill out the application to reserve your spot now!
Here's how the program works
- The curriculum is paced so that you’ll never feel overwhelmed, just overjoyed.
- Subjects are progressively interwoven so that you’ll see and feel how the various elements of yoga come together to form a complete system of experiential knowledge.
- On Friday night gatherings will feature a light vegetarian/vegan dinner*, chanting, meditation, and a discussion of how the principles and values of yoga apply to current events in the world and in our lives.
- Through guided practices, hands-on workshops, small group exercises, and participatory discussions, you'll be actively involved every step of the way.
* Friday evening meals are included in your tuition cost. Gluten-free diets can also be accommodated.
"Hari made a huge impact on my teaching and success as a yoga teacher. This was such a transformative and well rounded training, with instructors who are so knowledgable and open - a life changing experience that will affect my teaching for the better for ever."
— Brenda Norris, program graduate
Here's what you'll learn:
Anatomy / Physiology
- Comparative skeletal anatomy
- Navigating major joint intersections
- Muscle/tendon, joint/ligament and fascia relationships
- Differentiating between compression and tension in yoga poses
- Why poses look radically different from one practitioner to another
- The five material coverings
- Chakras, nadis, and meridians
- Prana and consciousness
- Anatomy and physiology of pranayama
- Prana vayus
- Asanas and mudras for pranayama
- Pranayama ratios for inhale, retention, exhale, and suspension
- Guided Practice
- How to structure your practice
- How to teach Pranayama and integrate Pranayama into your classes
Advanced Asana Sequence Design
- Hands on Assists for all families of poses
- Integrating yoga philosophy into your classes and workshops
- Leading chants and kirtans
- Workshop and retreat design
- How to teach excellent Vinyasa, Yin, Yoga Nidra, and 'Cosmic Flow' classes
- The language of yoga philosophy
- The philosophical foundation of yoga as a spiritual science
- In-depth study of the Yoga-sutras and the Bhagavad-gita
- Reconciling dualistic and non-dualistic philosophies
- How to navigate the intersection of yoga and religion
- Timeless principles of spiritual activism
- Optimal set and setting for meditation
- Varieties of meditative experience
- The inward-turning sequence of the Yoga-sutras
- Principles of object-oriented meditation
- Mantra meditation
- How to teach Yoga Nidra: guided meditation
Business of Yoga
- How to define and leverage your unique offering
- How to find your ideal customer... and how to help them find you
- How to write your bio, workshop descriptions, and emails
- Secrets to building a simple website
- How to negotiate win/win deals
- How to plan and market yoga retreats
Hari-kirtana das is the Founder-Director of the Bhagavata-sevaya School of Yoga. Hari is an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher based in Washington, D.C. and the author of In Search of the Highest Truth: Adventures in Yoga Philosophy. He’s been practicing yoga for the better part of 40 years and teaching in the DC area since 2009. He's on the faculty of numerous Yoga Teacher Training programs, has a keen sense of humor, a passion for critical thinking, and a talent for making complex ideas easy to understand. His teaching style encourages meaningful dialog and inspires people to look at the modern world through the lens of yoga’s ancient wisdom.
Machelle Lee (MA, E-RYT 200, RYT-500, CMT, YACEP) is the founder of Roots & River Yoga in Brunswick, Maryland. She has 25 years of experience as a yoga teacher, massage therapist, and childbirth educator and holds a Masters Degree in mythology and depth psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute. Machelle leads therapeutic movement through Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga in a way that weaves together yogic teachings with modern scientific research on tissue rehabilitation, traditional medicines, and psychology. Specializing in the health and rehabilitation of fascia, connective tissues, bones, and joints, Machelle is committed to serving students in a way that best fits their unique abilities and anatomic structure.
Braja Kishori is an accomplished RYT-500 Asana and Pranayama teacher who infuses her classes with positive and tranquil energy. Since her youth, Braja has immersed herself in the esoteric mysteries of yoga and happily shares her deep love and passion for spirituality with everyone. Well aware of how it can heal and expand our breathing mechanisms, balance our nervous system, and help to restore clarity and emotional stability, Braja Kishori began her Pranayama studies in Rishikesh with Krishna Sikhwal and later continued in Mysore with Vinay Kumar, who became her main tutor in this ancient tradition. She returns regularly to Mysore to continue her Pranayama and Asana studies. She currently teaches Pranayama and Yin Yoga group classes, workshops, and private sessions.
PLUS OTHER SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST TEACHERS!
Training Program Location
The Bhagavata-sevaya School of Yoga Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program will be held at Hari-kirtana's personal yoga studio in the Cathedral Heights neighborhood of Northwest Washington DC. There's free parking on the premises and the neighborhood is accessible via several bus lines.
"Great, seamless integration of yoga philosophy and asana. I appreciate the program even more now, looking back on how it was designed to challenge us and make us think."
— Trish Tillman, program graduate
Tuition and Payment Options
Early Bird Pricing - register by November 3, 2019
- $3,800 tuition / $600 deposit
Standard Enrollment - register after November 3, 2019
- $4,200 tuition / $600 deposit
Early Bird Payment Plan - register by November 3, 2019
- $3,800 tuition / $600 deposit + 8 payments of $400
Standard Payment Plan - register after November 3, 2019
- $4,200 tuition / $600 deposit + 8 payments of $450
Additional payment plans may be available depending on circumstances.
Payment Schedule: Monthly payments for Early Bird and Standard payment plans begin on February 3, 2020 and end by no later than September 3, 2020. All other balance payments are due by February 3, 2020. Enrollees have the option to pay the tuition in full at the time of enrollment.
Refund Policy: Tuition deposits are non-refundable. Tuition payments may be transferred to another applicant at any time. Full payments minus the deposit equivalent of $600 and tuition payments beyond deposits will be refunded if necessary up to February 27, 2020, after which time there will be no refunds for tuition payments.
Your complete Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program tuition includes your training manual binders, all training and binder materials, lifetime access to recordings of the training sessions, and a light dinner on Friday evenings.
Your tuition does not include required books. Book costs are approximately $75. All books can be purchased online.
ENROLLMENT IS LIMITED TO 12 PARTICIPANTS
6 spots left
Registration ends on February 3, 2020
This training will expand your knowledge, elevate your skills, and amplify your impact on every life you touch.
"An excellent guided training led by a true expert. The program exceeded my expectations and was an absolute joy to be a part of."
— Tiffany Kuo, program graduate
Here's how to enroll:
- Click the button below and fill out the application form
- Your application will be reviewed in 1-3 business days
- After your application is approved, you'll get an email with details about how to register and pay your tuition deposit or pay your tuition in full.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you and working with you in this training. - Hari-k