CLICK HERE to see past events.
How to Deliver a Great Dharma Talk
February 16 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST$40
This workshop will address every one of these concerns. You’ll learn a simple five-part structure for giving a Dharma Talk that will make it easy for you to:
- Tell a story that your students can relate to
- Speak authentically from both knowledge and experience
overcome feelings of ‘imposter syndrome’
- Tell a complete story in just 5 minutes
- Develop a theme you can riff on for a month so you don’t have to think of something new every class
- Make your stories so engaging that your students will show up as much to hear what you have to say as for their physical practice.
After this workshop you’ll know how to consistently share your personal realizations about yoga philosophy with your students in a way they’ll enjoy and appreciate, have a system for preparing your presentations that will deepen your own experience of living the yoga you’re teaching, and feel confident in your ability to offer your students genuine wisdom from the yoga tradition no matter how much or how little you’ve studied yoga philosophy.
If you already open your classes with a Dharma talk, you’ll pick up valuable tips and tricks for deepening your relationship with the yoga wisdom tradition, expanding your thematic repertoire, and delivering your message in ever more compelling ways. Everyone will leave this workshop with tools that will help you to deliver your message with a higher level of ease and confidence.