CLICK HERE to see past events.
An Introduction to the Bhagavad-gita
March 15 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT$45
But the Gita is more than just philosophy: it’s a non-sectarian blend of science and spirituality that can help guide us through the tricky intersection of yoga and religion as well as a treatise on spiritual sociology that offers a practical guide for engaging with the world as a way to transcend the world.
This workshop is for both yoga teachers and practitioners who want to learn how to enter into the mysteries of the Gita’s teachings. You’ll learn:
- How to recognize the over-arching theme of the Bhagavad-gita and how this theme provides a context for understanding the Gita as a whole.
- How to recognize the three key relationships in the Bhagavad-gita and why understanding these relationships is essential to understanding the Gita’s philosophical conclusion
- How to recognize the three hierarchical levels of reality that the Gita describes and how to follow the dialog as it moves from one level to another
- How to resolve the apparent contradiction between Krishna’s advocacy of non-violence and his insistence that Arjuna should fight.
- How entering into the worldview of the Gita differs from looking at the Gita through the lens of the modern world.
PLUS: tools for getting more out of your own Gita studies
Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the basic principles of traditional yoga philosophy, a deeper appreciation for the relevance of the Gita’s ancient wisdom to life in the modern world, and a higher level of confidence in your ability to access and articulate the secrets of yoga that the Gita contains.
Yoga Alliance CE credits are available for yoga teachers.