CLICK HERE to see past events.
Practical Sanskrit for Yoga Teachers
April 25 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT$75
This introduction to the original language of yoga is designed to provide yoga instructors with a solid foundation of Sanskrit knowledge that will enable you to offer a higher level of insight into the intention of yoga poses, make chanting mantras an authentic and inclusive part of your classes, and deliver a deeper experience of the teachings of yoga to your students experience teaching yoga on a deeper and more rewarding level.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- What Sanskrit is and why it matters
- How to make the sounds of the Sanskrit alphabet
- How to read and pronounce words written in transliterated Sanskrit
- How to chant mantras and lead call and response chanting in your classes
- How to chant Sanskrit sutras and verses from yoga wisdom texts
- How to explain basic concepts of yoga philosophy by explaining the meaning of the Sanskrit words that describe them
Participants will gain confidence in using Sanskrit terminology in classes and acquire new insights into the theory and practice of yoga.
This workshop qualifies for CE credits with Yoga Alliance.